1. Rubbing Your FaceThe injection site should heal very quickly. However, rubbing the area where Botox was injected can irritate it, prolonging redness and even causing bruising.
2. Lying On Your FaceDon’t take a nap right after your appointment. Avoid lying on your face for at least four hours after your injections.
3. Strenuous ExerciseA big workout, and all the straining facial expressions that go with it, can prevent Botox from settling into your muscles and nerves correctly. After strenuous activity, whether or not it is exercise, for at least 24 hours. If you need to move, stick with a leisurely walk.
4. Skip the WineAlcohol can thin your blood, increasing your risk for bleeding and bruising after your injection. Wait 24 hours before heading out to happy hour.
5. Don’t Take Blood ThinnersBlood thinners, aspirin, and NSAID pain relievers all increase your risk for bruising or bleeding. Like alcohol, they should be avoided for at least 24 hours after your injection.
6. Skip Washing Your FaceWashing your face or applying moisturizer is important for skin health. However, you should avoid washing or applying lotion for at least six hours after treatment to allow the medicine to settle in.
7. Avoid Heat and SunHeat and sun can inflame your skin, causing prolonged redness and swelling. Avoid heat lamps, tanning beds, and the sun itself for at least 24 hours after your injection. When you do go outside, wear a hat and/or sunscreen to protect your skin.
At the Spa and Laser Center in Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Suffolk, we can help you achieve younger, smoother appearance with expertly placed Botox injections. We’ll also teach you how to have the best results possible with proper skin care and rest after your treatment. Contact us today at 757-965-7444 or schedule your Botox appointment online.