With age, our skin loses its elasticity and much of its volume. Regardless of how intensive your skincare routine has been, time will catch up with our skin. There are a number of ways we can improve our skin’s appearance and dermal fillers are one of the most popular ways to restore a youthful appearance.
What are dermal fillers?As our bodies age they naturally begin to produce less collagen. Collagen serves two purposes for our skin - it provides fullness and also provides the elasticity which allows our skin to return to smoothness after movement. This means that as we lose fullness, wrinkles have the opportunity to become more deeply set and ever-present.
We offer a variety of dermal fillers at the Spa & Laser Center in Virginia Beach & Norfolk. These are non-invasive, non-surgical treatments with quick, instantly-visible results.
What are the different types of dermal fillers?Dermal fillers can be used in a variety of areas to achieve highly targeted results to meet your goals. Your Certified Nurse Injector will create a custom treatment plan based on your current skin’s appearance and what your specific goals for the treatment are.
The Spa & Laser Center can provide a number of injectable filler services, including:
- Lip Fillers: If you would like to have fuller and plumper lips, a lip filler treatment will help you reach your pout goals!
- Anti-aging Dermal Fillers: Injections designed to help soften fine lines and wrinkles will help to smooth your facial skin. This will help restore a youthful appearance to the areas that you need it most.
- Scar removal: As we age, our skin has a reduced ability to heal properly. This means that the appearance of scarring can become more prevalent. Dermal fillers can be used to restore volume to scarred areas, removing the history from your skin.
- Facial dermal fillers: If you would like to correct dull or sagging areas of your face, facial dermal fillers can help to restore or add balance to your appearance. Working to both smooth the appearance of wrinkles along with add volume in targeted areas, these fillers can give you back a youthful, balanced look.
Where can dermal fillers treat?Injectable dermal fillers can treat a number of concern areas. Here are five of the most common treatment areas:
- Tear troughs / Eye area - Eyes are one of the first areas to showcase our age. The thin skin shows wrinkles easily and quickly lose volume as we mature. Dermal fillers are a great way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, restore volume to sunken areas and reduce a loose baggy appearance…all giving you a more youthful look.
- Cheeks - With age, our cheeks can begin to appear flattered or hollowed out as we lose collagen. Adding fillers to the midface or cheeks can restore that natural volume in addition to adding balance to your facial features.
- Chin - If you are looking to minimize wrinkles on your chin, add subtle volume with fillers. Smoothing the chin area has a surprising impact on how young our face looks.
- Lips - Fillers can be used both to plump lips and in the areas around the mouth to give a more youthful appearance. Adding volume in the lip area can reduce the appearance of fine lines caused by smiling, laughing, and frowning.
- Eyebrows - The area between our eyebrows provides a variety of expressions in our lives, but that means that it is a prominent area of wrinkles that showcases our age. Dermal fillers are often used in partnership with Botox treatment to smooth this area.
If you want to know more about dermal fillers, let us help you explore your options and create a custom treatment plan for you! Schedule an appointment for a dermal fillers to consult at the Spa & Laser Center’s Virginia Beach or Norfolk office by calling 757.965.7444.