If you are looking for a facial treatment in Virginia Beach or Norfolk, the Spa and Laser Center can help with your skin goals! One of the most popular treatments is a chemical peel that can help rejuvenate your tired skin.
Chemical peel treatments work by stimulating collagen growth and elastin to give you back younger, smoother skin. Within a day or two of the treatment, the top layer of the skin peels away, revealing a new layer of skin.
There are many benefits to chemical peel treatments, but here’s our top five favorite:
- Even skin tone:Whether from damage, age, or just natural genetics, many of us suffer from uneven skin tone. This can occur on our faces, arms, etc. As the chemical peel removes the top layer of skin, the treatment can lighten blotchiness, and reduce the appearance of discolored skin.
- Erase sun damage:Regardless of how consistent we are with sunscreen, being exposed to UV constantly does damage to our skin. This constant exposure accelerates skin aging and can contribute to loose skin, heavy wrinkles, and more. A chemical peel removes the top layer of sun-damaged skin, reducing all of these adverse effects from exposure. After healing from the peel, you will have fresher, more even and younger-looking skin.
- Promote skin renewal:As we age, our body loses the ability to create collagen and elastin. Both of these contribute to our skin’s healing and elasticity. We also tend to build up old skin over time as our body produces less of the renewing elements. By removing the top layer of skin through facial treatments, we can promote cell turnover and shed all of those dead skin cells. This diminishes the appearance of damage, lines and wrinkles, revitalizing your skin's appearance and giving you back a vibrant look.
- Eliminate acne scars:If you suffered from teen acne or have adult acne, a chemical peel can play a vital role in your treatment plan. For active acne, peels can reduce inflammation and prevent future scarring. For existing scars, a peel removes the top layer of discoloration and hyperpigmentation that can come along with prior breakouts. This leaves the skin appearing smoother with a more even tone and a refreshed look.
- Increase vibrance and youthfulness:Even with a great skincare routine, consistent use of sunscreen, and no major scarring concerns, our skin can look tired and dull just from daily life and aging. A chemical peel removes old skin cells that regular exfoliation cannot touch and reveals a fresh skin layer that is youthful and vibrant.
At the Spa and Laser Center, when you schedule a chemical peel treatment in Virginia Beach, our experienced team members offer comprehensive care and treatment planning to help you reach your skin goals. We can help you achieve more youthful, vibrant and better-looking skin in a few easy treatments. Contact us today at 757-965-7444 or online to schedule your facial treatment consultation.